Monday, May 18, 2009

Bound Pages

Love Found in Pages Bound

Dear Love of mind-- mine you belong so
When did this love affair begin?
I think you were etched onto the first
page I ever wrote
I love how you listen, and understand
You never interrupt
When our conversation ends one day
You always remember where to pick up
I love how you know every part of me
How you mirror my thoughts
Even when I thought I had forgotten you
It was a true love lesson that you taught
They say if you love something, you must let it go to see
if it will return
Now that you have come back to me, I realize that it was
for you I always yearned
The nuclei of my every cell burns, as I try to
give you my every fiber
And the reassurance you have reflected upon me
I feel guaranteed of me you will never grow tired
You receive my thoughts and frustration with open arms
Helping me address my needs mentally, physically, and beyond
When requiring your comfort or ear, you never imply I am taking too long
You validate my predilection, causing me to lift my voice high in song
My heart has been poured into your vessel to be forever bound
Instigating my river to flow deep
Between my mental love mound
I promise always to pour my soul onto your blank pages
Later to reflect and wonder if, by me, was this work created
Lack of love for myself-- thinking my self worth had abated
My heart hard and cold, oh
But it was you --my Love-- that saved it
As my pen caresses your pages
My fingers fondle out my mind’s most complex of thoughts
Without the true love from you
I would have forever been forgot.

Queen Poetess B Copyright © 2009

No comments: