Saturday, May 16, 2009

Black Boy

This was written 2/26/06, about four months after Marcus passed. I was going to wait to post this on October 1, 2009, but decided there was no reason to wait; Marcus' birthday was May 9th. He will always be missed-- no matter what month it is. Love you, Cuz...

Black boy, black boy
How loved are you
Your scent is still here
And your presence too
Black boy, made man
Through troubles and struggles all his own
Made life decisions
and created his own visions
Through the struggle of his mother
And the ones he had to face on his own
All alone
Some wise, many foolish
For may this be the reason you are no longer here?
But whatever the reason,
Black boy, I still hold you dear
My fears and my pain
The worst conceived scenario
Wanting to deny it as it came crashing through my receiver
Past the midnight hour that night
To hear the news, Black Boy
That you had left us all behind
My soul cried, happiness and hope died
My heart continually mourns your memory
Not only akin' to me
A dear friend to me
And I know that someday
Not too early, but on Time
I will wake up to you, Black Boy
Just like in our dream
And wrap my arms around you once more
I will always love and miss you, Marcus.

Queen Poetess B Copyright © 2009

BLF

No comments: