There is a twist in my hips, a twinkle in my eye
Sunshine in my smile, and I'm feeling fine
I am a STRONG Black Woman, and I wear my pride
The Lord has given me another day,
So I hold my head up high. . .
There is a song that plays within my laughter
And a caring soul seen in my eyes
A beautiful melody with every step I take
That exudes the pride that I claim as mine
I am grateful for past negative experiences; Each one has made me wise
I am the Ebony silhouette of Love
So I hold my head up high. . .
My head tilts heavenward, often mistaken for vanity
I don't care about others thoughts, I am just happy being me
Say what you will-- call me names of all kinds
Just remember that pride is a way of life, not merely a state of mind
I have alas grasped the concept of allowing my soul to fly
And the first thing that I had to learn...
Was to hold my head up high.
BLF 4/13/2009 ©
No comments:
Post a Comment