Wednesday, October 28, 2009

On My Mind

got a lot on my mind
but ain’t got the time
so I sit at my desk
while I stand on my grind
much has been given and much been lost
never knew the price
so came up short on payin' the cost
but I'm Boss--
and I place you under my umbrella
I promise to help ‘em for now and forever
I give and give tell I can't no more
no one cares about the things without I'll go?
sacrifice my future
sacrifice the way I live
and when it’s all tapped out
they ask what more I can give
God forbid-- don't ask me how I'm livin'
I can’t tell you ‘bout the borrowed dollaz I'm spendin'
tell her what she isn’t because who cares what she is?
I say I am, no I AM, but they know not what she is
my struggles have made me from their dreams digress
but through it all I still make forward progress
but-- I gotta say...
I got a lot on my mind
and I'd tell you what I was thinkin’,
but Queen just don't have the time...

Queen Poetess B Copyright © 2009 All Rights Reserved

No comments: