Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Take Flight

“Time will bring the real end of our trial One day they'll be no remnants No trace, no residual feelings within ya One day you won't remember me Your face will be the reason I smile But I will not see what I cannot have forever I'll always love ya, I hope you feel the same…”

--from the song Pretty Wings by Maxwell, on the BLACKsummers Night Album

Loved and nurtured it is set free but unwilling to take flight/ perched high above the world, cast in dim light/ it keeps the truth of its concern sheltered within the shadows of the dark provided by a moonless night/ learned as if paid in full with the guise of the truth/ most certain that its unveiling and intention would be of no use/ no evidence in age or experience to offer its proof/ over to the edge it reluctantly scoots/ oxymoronic as it considers the depths beneath/ it is thrust into the winds-- its wings tucked in-- and ready to take the seat right/ the spectator elders will presume preparation at first to be flight/ seeking only the comfort of annihilation offered by delusive appearance of taking flight

SPREAD THOSE WINGS and LOVE YOURSELF


Queen Poetess B Copyright © 2009

No comments: