...it comes and goes as it pleases…so I’ll do its bidding in the night...
I cried because I didn’t know you
I knew not then what those tears were for
A piece of me once missing has been found in my Mirror
My vulnerable reflection staring back with solid pain in camoflauge
Because who I am—we are—is merely a mirage
But maybe now we help each other
In ways we’ve already told ourselves were impossible to achieve
Maybe we will struggle while encouraging one another
Regardless if you stand tall, or if these burdens bring you to your knees
Know its only for a time; or should I say a season?
Cuz we never go through this convoluted bull shit without reason
(or so they say… )
Every emotion you make me own
(Because, in part it is my own)
Each syllable a compound action designed to draw blood
Yet never once did your face betray your heart’s cry
Still not understanding the Love of yourself, you deny
I stand at your side as your sister, your brother, and your fellow to outstretch a helping hand
Judging not and loving with purpose, on purpose
We will share a smile together regardless of which side of the issues you may stand.
Unconditionally loving love, love yourself, and you will once again rise above
Queen Poetess B Copyright © 2009
No comments:
Post a Comment