its that time of year again, that time in my life
I got some numbers to check, similar to tax time
gonna write off some people- gonna rid em from my chi
Gonna audit all that bullshit that you niggaz bringing to a Queen
I'll trash the shoes laid out in front of you that you were never big enough to fill
Don't waste your excuses on me cuz that shit dont pay my bills
I'll write off your smiles and feigned interest in my visions
Cast you out and fill your place with the fluidest of precision-
Won't even recall you're whats "missing"
So step away from the stove when Momma's cookin in the kitchen
--I am Queen of the Sun--
--Your're just an Orange Moon--
I'm the reason why you're no longer that dull greyish hue
But somewhere along the way your shade changed to that of Envy
Smile in my face
Continuing to take-eating off my plates
While you resent me
But you so fake because still to this day you ask for plenty
But your accounts bankrupt, and your invitation- I'm rescinding-
Your friend request is pending-
And the frigid air from my shoulder refrigidaire is unrelenting
Go grab your coat and check the date in your planner
Its the first day in April but I'm colder than December
You in the Indy 500 ridin a soap box n can't keep up, can ya?
I'm too fly cuz my rhymes fly by high like a 747 in the heaven
Just know that I'm the reason your bread has been leavened
While I got you open 24/7 like 7-11
Regardless if I'm scorned, torn or worn
I've had this since I was born
But you don't understand the words I'm writing because my language is foreign
And I'll ride this verse- you can call her Black Beauty
And even from the top floor of your building I'm to high for you to view me
You can't see how far ahead I am because youre losing
And you are no longer the person I am choosing-
But I've identified the flaw in your design
The cost of your presence is eating my return at tax time
So laugh and smile in front of your scoff
Baby, you're just wasting energy, cuz I already wrote that ass off...
Brandy "PoetryeeQueen" Facey Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved.
1 comment:
Absolute Fiyah! You always make me wanna go back to the drawing board! Imma step my game up though so i can get on your level.
Post a Comment