Monday, November 16, 2009

Word.

Nothing exists to counter my Word.
Word? Word! Word.

damn...
It's funny how consecutive letters can bring about inspiration
(I've learned to balance my concentration during this poetic intrapersonal conversation)
its been a minute since I've had my feelings in it
(this shit is never-ending so there is no end to begin it)
I got time in my pocket and there is no better place to spend it
than here on this mic...
don't ask me how I am doing
because I am not fine
so I continue to work through my pain as I cry through my rhymes
and I hate it and love it at the same time
pisses me off, yet excites me so
its chocolate covered honey baked ham
served with raw egg yolks
a perfect-disconcerted measure of pleasure and pain
but I can't have the sweet without the salt
cuz it wouldn't taste the same
and the bitter-after taste of its reminder would not be there to sustain
the hard earned lessons that are now burned into the brain
casting these sad images of this life like a video on repeat
and I can't run from my reality no matter how fast I move my feet in retreat
So I use my spoken words to inhale its life into my lungs
I open my heart and tune my ear to the song that is being sung
inside me (God-- can you hear it?!)
This birthing of my desire so rare; so hot that its cooling to the touch
I love how I am powerless to it-- my appetite insatiable and can never get enough
This thing is a love affair....
I don't think I ever loved something so hard that was so physically intangible
but living without Word is most assuredly unmanageable
wanting to abandon it all to be with it is a thought purely fanciful
but its better than living here in this world without feeling -- with out its Love
Word to me you're so healing-- gives me that feeling that keeps me reeling like no one on earth ever has
Lost in my pages left to secure and blanket me
I am comforted by your presence
but the correct combination of itself can be found
unlike the lips of the utterer

Queen Poetess B Copyright © 2009 All Rights Reserved

No comments: