Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Dreaming Meanings

We dream and we dream, of all these things

But what do they really mean?

I often wonder if I have created a Utopia

A place and person in mind

That has the time and can find

All the pieces of me

So I sit back and Sing

What does it mean

What does it all mean?

I am a Queen

A Goddess- even in the wake of my troubles

Regardless

I just want someone to harness

And return this love that I bring

That I deliver

Gives your mind heart soul, and leg quivers

Giving new meaning to the Middle

Is it any wonder that I am so strong

Because Life has been hard

And so has Love

And though I try to continue to rise above

I still am left by myself, my own arms provide my hugs

And outside I will shrug

And continue to keep it moving

Only few know about my real bruising

And I will continue to send these garden variety niggaz cruisin’

Who want to be propriety

Even though they living up to the stereo types of society

So I expect them all to lie to me

And these days I will not care

I have no more strength to fight battles that are unfair

Uneven- and unjust

We all fight with lust

But will it give the strength needed for us to eventually be …

Us?

Damaged egos, broken hearts and hallowed souls

I just want to be had, and to hold

Onto a love that is just mind

Promising over time

Not to grow cold

As we get old

I don’t have no time to waste

And I will often choose to back away

And save face

Then to be entered into another fake as race

For first place

When I am number one

So I ask, I ask

Yes- I ask myself

What does it all mean

I still wonder if I have created a Utopia that wont be seen

Am I a person that is will be someone’s favorite place,

ever on their mind

That will willing want to take the time and can find

All the pieces of me

So I can stop wondering

What it all means…

What it all means…



Brandy “Poet B. Lee” Facey

Copyright © 2011. All Rights Reserved

1 comment:

Jay Esse said...

We all deserve that Utopia and must enjoy the journey as we seek for answers to...what it all means.

Nice Piece