Monday, October 24, 2011

Breaking Bread: Feast of Hearts

I fear that I may be left with my doors askew


Dont ask about hours of operation

I wont mention the elation

from the deliberation resulting in exaultation

from the way we communicate



If I were to reach out every time he walked across my mind

untying ribbons upon my sturdy oak trees

White, yellow pink

Blown across a sky that refueses to be blue

So I will let it be purple, with pink hues

before I return to an Orange moon

Hoping he sees me as I am

Heart on sleeve

Lock and key

Would I be... desired

In presence or essence, thought of so intently

that memories of me have you smelling the remnants

of my Queendom in your nostrils

despite days between



His company desired, hopin one day he will return

the Love I thrust with no Lust

Only open honesty

hoping one day someone will fall for me

when it be

between Myself and my Weakness

That is Him



I need what I should not, and I often

want what does not reciprocate

the same way I demonstrate

But I will give with no expectation

because I do so from my heart

Truth hurts and hard times on this slice of pie

but that in itself is life- no earthly thing can vanquish this light

Given me from Jah- always go farTo let those that are in my heart know

no one can play their part

and I will part

pages with words divided by lines that come between us

until we are

united in hapiness and laughter

breaking bread uponn tables

that are no longer turning...



Brandy "Poet B. Lee" Facey Copyright © 2011 All Rights Reserved.

1 comment:

jiburgess said...

*snap, snap* Okay, Queen!