Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Get Back (The Man He Used to Be)

He said he'd get back to Me
But he never did...
No, he never did...
We used to be something that we both understood
But now its no good;
And I watch as we fade to black
Yeah, he told me he would get back
When he got back
But he never did...
No, he never did...

He knows what makes me tick
He knows spicy food makes my scalp itch
And sippin' Henny and Cran wit a bad mon
make me a bad bitch
I mean, a bitch badder
But now that we here, don't none of that shit matta
So soft tippin on  egg shells with tight knees like I'm
holdin' my bladder
Like Big,
I'm wonderin' what's
Life...
...after our death
Tryin' to resuscitate the way we relate
When it's already taken its last breath
And no matter what I do right,
All the past wrongs aint over yet
So I will soon try and forget
The many nights, where in the same bed we slept
Or how in your arms I wept
When my mom had taken her last breath...

But I aint ready to go there yet...
...So...

He said he'd return
He said he'd get back
Get back to the way he Used To Be
Back when We really meant 'WE'
I mean You and Me
And not just a version of You 'Doin Me'
But, he said he'd get back...
...when he got back...

He never said he had a girl
Like, a real girl, in the bag,
Never confessed the things that I had
Which wasn't enough for him
Even though that was way back when
So when I told him, or wanted to
When he got back
I'm back on track...
Everything I had to say,
Was just a matter of fact.
Period.

Queen Poetess B (Poetryee Queen)  Copyright © 2010.  All Rights Reserved.

No comments: