Make love to me
I just want to you to feel about me the way I feel about you
Just us here
You’re far away and I miss you
All I want to do is to kiss you
You so near my reach can’t miss you
But somehow… somehow….
I still do…
I want to take you far away, far away
Let’s Be—just King, just Queen
But your thoughts are clearly away… away from me
So I miss you when you’re gone
But when you return, you’re still away
So falling asleep for me is the same as staying awake
There is no meaning in a New Day
Because today is the same as yesterday
And it’s just as cold… it’s just as cold…
Because you won’t take me into your arms to hold
So I’ll continue to be alone… alone…
Thinkin’, Make Love to Me…
I need your arms around me strong
I have been longing for your embrace
But you won’t give me what I need
Even when placed upon a platter in your face
Don’t let my Love spoil and turn to waste
Help me see what’s good in a New Day
Because
You’re far away, and I miss you
All I want to do is to kiss you
You’re so near, my shot can’t miss you
But somehow, I still do… I still do…
Still do want you to…
And I am hoping you will still want me, too
Because it’s so long since love made
That its absence and promise both have me afraid
Of what I will see in your eyes…
Maybe I’m alone because you’ve grown away from me
And you smile as a disguise to cover your lies
But still…
Somehow…
I miss you when you’re gone
And when you return you’re still away
So falling asleep is the same as staying awake
I am looking for tomorrow to be a new day
And when I fall to sleep, I may awaken in a new day
Hoping that we stay…
Stay… stay the same
Somehow different, yet the same as yesterday
Because I will always love you
Until I pass away…
I just want to you to feel about me the way I feel about you
Just us here
You’re far away and I miss you
All I want to do is to kiss you
You so near my reach can’t miss you
But somehow… somehow….
I still do…
I want to take you far away, far away
Let’s Be—just King, just Queen
But your thoughts are clearly away… away from me
So I miss you when you’re gone
But when you return, you’re still away
So falling asleep for me is the same as staying awake
There is no meaning in a New Day
Because today is the same as yesterday
And it’s just as cold… it’s just as cold…
Because you won’t take me into your arms to hold
So I’ll continue to be alone… alone…
Thinkin’, Make Love to Me…
I need your arms around me strong
I have been longing for your embrace
But you won’t give me what I need
Even when placed upon a platter in your face
Don’t let my Love spoil and turn to waste
Help me see what’s good in a New Day
Because
You’re far away, and I miss you
All I want to do is to kiss you
You’re so near, my shot can’t miss you
But somehow, I still do… I still do…
Still do want you to…
And I am hoping you will still want me, too
Because it’s so long since love made
That its absence and promise both have me afraid
Of what I will see in your eyes…
Maybe I’m alone because you’ve grown away from me
And you smile as a disguise to cover your lies
But still…
Somehow…
I miss you when you’re gone
And when you return you’re still away
So falling asleep is the same as staying awake
I am looking for tomorrow to be a new day
And when I fall to sleep, I may awaken in a new day
Hoping that we stay…
Stay… stay the same
Somehow different, yet the same as yesterday
Because I will always love you
Until I pass away…
Queen Poetess B Copyright © 2010 All Rights Reserved
No comments:
Post a Comment